In several threads projects suggested have been commented with the phrase “this is not a true seastead”. It seems that everybody has a slightly different idea on what a seastead finally is. Let’s talk about that.
Beside the most basic definition of “Permanent Dwelling at Sea” i would incline to define a seastead as something clearly DIFFERENT to what is here already containing certain “base elements”
– it is not a floating marina
– it is not a boat or a ship or a yacht
– some say it is defined by the freedom of the people living on it
– some say it is just the next evolutionary step of marine business
– some say it is something radical kicked off in a project that creates a Singularity
– some believe building a floating village of a mile diameter like the TANKA
– some define seastead as a floating version of VENICE
– something a business would choose as headquarter location
– something an investor would see potential in and invest in
– something that is definitly different to what exists already (ship yacht oil rig)
– something that is geared for permanent dwellings on the ocean
– investor centric frontier development venture
let me hear your thoughts…
The Seasteading Institute supplies this image to envision what a true seastead looks like.