basic understanding of the principles that drive a seastead design
- The idea of seasteading is the conquest of the liquid space of the planet - so a base concept that can be applied to whole watermantle needs to be developed, concepts that only work in protected bays on stilts in shallow areas etc fail to solve the bottleneck - therefore should be seen as “basicly pointless experiments” that lead to the same road as TANKA, and Kelong concepts, - as there is no potential to grow out of the bay or the reef - the stagnation over milennia is “built into the concept”
Tanka People floating settlements for 1200 years without making a transition to a powerfull sea city because the limited “veggy floats of wood, and barrils” can NEVER grow out of the bay. To talk about SEASTEAD and the floating future of mankind we must do signifficantly better. Modern Concrete shell and honeycomb building to solve this bottleneck was suggested.
- To understand this it was suggested to analyze the history of VENICE which DID grow and dominate mediterranean commerce - in the case of Venice the City was combined with a merchant fleet what made the DIFFERENCE …
- Any concept that pretends to overcome the “Tanka stagnation” and have the potential to go to the open sea (beyond baystead) needs to confront the possibility of DRAUPNER WAVES which imposes “construction criteria”
Draupner wave video
After going trough the info above we should be on the same page about:
- why we need to do better than Tanka and Kelong projects
- why platform on stilts is not a feasible option
- why floating is a kind of minimum requirement
- why the option to survive in the open ocean should be at least a POTENTIAL of the project
- why floating real estate is BIG
- what we need to talk about to get taken seriously
- why a seastead needs a bow to take a Draupner impact
- why this bow needs to be 15m high at least
- why a seastead needs a beam of about 100m for form stability that gives living comfort
- why at this point a “single proposal” can not be “singled out” we need to work with a proposal list
- why we can not go ahead with design until EVERYBODY is “on the same page” about the points above.
- why we need to talk about how remote we can (should) go.
- How real estate value depend on the nearness to a shore population center
- who is committing to bring what to the project and in what time frame.
If anybody is not “on the same page” in any of these points we need to have a process that gets us on the same page BEFORE moving on to further details…
If any of the points is not sufficient clear or needs discussion please come forward.
On the base that assumes that we are on the same page in the points above i have been proposing a form
The idea of this material is to allow @ForexBob to have first preliminary investor conversations…
@matias has been so kind to make an intent to take this crude material and convert it in “some kind of drawing”.
ramform render pictures